Early Years Foundation Stage
(EYFS / Greatham Nursery) EYFS and Greatham Village Nursery seek to provide:
- Quality and consistency in the setting, so that every child makes good progress and no child is left behind.
- A secure foundation through learning and development opportunities, which are planned around the needs and interest of each individual child and are assessed and reviewed regularly.
- Working in partnership with other practitioners and parents and/or carers.
- Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
- Educational plans and ongoing assessments will be shaped by the seven areas of learning and development laid out by the EYFS.
- All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected. Three areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive.
These areas are the prime areas:
Personal Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language and Physical Development.
The Specific areas are:
- Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design
Please feel free to come along and see what we can offer you and your child.