Welcome to Greatham Village Nursery School
The Greatham Village Nursery School has a warm and welcoming environment in which children are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of play and educational activities through our indoors and outdoors curriculum.
Our aim and motto is ‘Where fun is learning’.
The Greatham Village Nursery School Eligibility & Classes
Our Nursery School is open to all children aged between 3 months and 5 years.
The nursery consists of four rooms:
The Caterpillars class
This class room is designated for babies from 3 months old to toddles up to 2 years old and will work in conjunction with the Bumble Bees class. It has a one adult to three children ratio.
The Bumble Bees class
This class room is designated for the 2yrs – 3yrs age range and has a one adult to four children ratio. Walking toddlers, (Caterpillars) under 2 years old will also play in this room.
The Lady Birds class
This class room is designated for the 3yrs – 5yrs age range and has a one adult to six children ratio.
We Are Open:
Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm
47 Weeks Per Year
We take babies from 3 months old
Up to Infant school age…
Our childcare aims are to:
- • Provide quality childcare in a safe stimulating and caring environment.
- • Offer a broad and balanced curriculum, which offers experience beyond that which can be provided at home but in ways that compliment family life.
- • Through communication which parent and observations of the child, actively incorporate in our curriculum topics and themes that are current interest to individual children.
- • Show consideration to the children as individuals, allowing them to develop independence and decision making at their own pace with care and support from all concerned parents.
- • Teach respect for the environment, property, animals and humans alike.
- • Develop the art of good social skills and standards of behaviour through experience and example.
- • Stimulate children’s nature desire to learn through all aspects of nursery life.
- • Communicate with and involve parents in nursery life.