Our childcare aims are to:
- Provide quality childcare in a safe stimulating and caring environment.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum, which offers experience beyond that which can be provided at home but in ways that compliment family life.
- Through communication which parent and observations of the child, actively incorporate in our curriculum topics and themes that are current interest to individual children.
- Show consideration to the children as individuals, allowing them to develop independence and decision making at their own pace with care and support from all concerned parents.
- Teach respect for the environment, property, animals and humans alike.
- Develop the art of good social skills and standards of behaviour through experience and example.
- Stimulate children’s nature desire to learn through all aspects of nursery life.
- Communicate with and involve parents in nursery life.
We operate a Key Worker system and record each child’s progress, evaluating their needs and devising play plans in order to:
- Provide the resourced and experiences to allow the children to progress towards the seven Early Learning Goals of Personal, Social & Emotional Development, Communication & Language, Physical Development, Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
- Have flexible plans, allowing spontaneity for the children’s changing interests and preoccupations.
- Ensure easy access to the curriculum for all children.
- Ensure adequate adult to child ratios to provide a stimulating safe and secure environment.
- Ensure that each child’s race, culture, religion, language and family values are given proper consideration.
- Ensure positive images of people and portrayed regardless of gender, culture or ability.
- Ensure an awareness of health and safety aspects.
- Encourage parental involvement.